This is a sweet and simple-to-make card featuring strips of green fabric in the shape of a Christmas tree. The fabric is stuck on with double-sided tape. Too easy!
- Christmas Cards. New or recycled cards or some coloured cardboard.
How To Do It
- Cut Christmas card in half along the fold line.
- Using the template below as a guide, turn the picture part of the card, face down. Using a pencil and ruler, rule a straight line from one corner to the other and repeat so you have an "X" on the card.
- Fold one end of the card to the middle of the "X" and crease. Unfold. Repeat with the other end. Unfold.
- Fold the side of the card to the middle of the "X" and crease. Unfold. Repeat with the other side. Unfold.
- Cut part way along the folded line to make 2 tabs at each end. (Don't cut past the overlapping creased line.)
- Fold both tabs up and in towards each other - secure with tape.
- Fold the end up and over the tabs and secure with tape.
- Repeat for the other end.
- To make the bottom of the box, do exactly the same EXCEPT fold the card just past the centre of the "X" (both ends and sides), so that the bottom of the box fits snugly into the top of the box.
- You can use square or rectangle cards for this decoration.
- If using plain cardboard, the box top can be decorated either before or after being made.
- You can rub out the guidelines, but it doesn't really matter.
- Use the box for small gifts or tie ribbon around it and hang on the Christmas tree as a decoration.
LIKE this page then, Send me pictures of your finished products or other craft ideas. I will post them here.